I believe it is important to have a dream that you are working toward. I also believe it is important that your dreams push you, challenge you, stretch you. I’ve also discovered that a dream should frighten you. Not to the point that you are too afraid to reach for the stars but it should scare you…. just a bit.
I think most of my life I have been happy with the status quo and been too afraid to reach for my dreams. I’ve settled instead of believing that I could achieve the secret dreams of my heart. The thing is, I am technically middle aged and I realize that if I don’t reach for my dreams I will never risk the chance of achieving them.
So, there are a a couple big audacious dreams in my life:
- Travel internationally at least once every other year.
- Visit every state in the US
- Become a published author
- Be a philanthropist and patron of the arts
- Earn a 6 figure income – through one or more income streams.
- To have the wardrobe of my dreams
- To live in a large house with plenty of room to entertain
They may not seem like amazing goals to anyone else but to me they represent an entire way of life that I have yet to achieve. Every day I want to move towards these dreams becoming a reality. It will require lots of growth on my part and hard work and diligence but I can’t give up.